Programme Manager, Community Based Programmes
Founded in 2000, CREA is a feminist human rights organisation based in New Delhi, India. It is one of the few international women's rights organisations based in the global South, led by Southern feminists, which works at the grassroots, national, regional, and international levels. Together with partners from a diverse range of human rights movements and networks, CREA works to advance the rights of women and girls, and the sexual and reproductive freedoms of all people. CREA advocates for positive social change through national and international fora, and provides training and learning opportunities to global activists and leaders through its Institutes.
CREA’s community based programme runs in three states in Bihar, Jharkhand and Uttar Pradesh. The programme “Meri Panchayat Meri Shakti” works on strengthening the leadership capacities of elected women representatives and women led community based organisations in Jharkhand. The other programme ‘Its My Body’ works with adolescent girls to build their capacities on gender, sexuality and rights, so that they can make informed decisions about their lives.
Visioning and strategy development
- Spearhead the development of strategy for community based work portfolio in light of CREA’s strategies
- Develop the programme in keeping with CREA's vision
- Contribute to strengthening of other strategic initiatives at CREA
Programme planning and implementation
- Develop regular programme plans and budgets for programme implementation
- Plan and execute regular programme development meetings
- Ensure high quality programme implementation and budget utilisation across states
- Ensure that high quality content is developed for the organisation
- Effectively identify new groups and enhance the scope of the program
Monitoring and evaluation
- Ensure that key monitoring and evaluation planning and execution documents are developed on time
- Ensure systems and processes for timely and accurate collection of data related to programmes , review of data and feeding back data into mid course corrections in programme implementation
- Ensure that data is reviewed periodically and informs programme implementation
- Ensure that programme processes, progress and learnings are consistently documented
- Take the lead on drafting donor reports for submission to the Resource Development team
- Develop strategies and tactics for partner management including selection of new partners and evaluating partner management
- Set up systems and processes to regularly guide and mentor partners to co-implement programmes
- Timely development of partner work plans, budgets and subcontracts /agreements
- Assisting in writing proposals and fundraising for the organisation
- Supervise a team of coordinators and associates for high quality programme planning and implementation across all states
- Assign clear roles and responsibilities and ensure regular mentoring support for team members to perform effectively
- Identify professional development goals of team members and create / find opportunities to fulfil them
- Generate new ideas and concepts for resource development to ensure a sustainable source of support for community based programme
- Support proposal writing, concept notes and provide inputs for budgets
Knowledge and resource development
- Regularly assess the need for creation of knowledge resources for the programme
- Ensure that knowledge resources for the programme are created in consultation with the communications team
- Represent and present CREA's work at meetings, forums and conferences at the national, regional and global levels.
An ideal candidate should have the following qualities.
- Masters or equivalent degree in social work, community development, gender studies, human rights law, and/or related field
- At least 10 years of experience of working in the area of programme management on issues of sexuality, gender, reproductive health, and/or human rights fields in India
- Strong content base and excellent writing skills
- Fluency in English and Hindi languages (oral and written)
- Knowledge of information systems
- Excellent analytical skills; mature judgement combined with a proactive, energetic approach to problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal and team player skills
- Able to travel both nationally and internationally
CREA promotes pluralism and equal opportunity, and is committed to diversity in its staffing and to the maintenance of an environment free of discriminatory employment practises. CREA's policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals. No individual shall be discriminated against because of his or her actual or perceived age, caste, class, disability, marital status, religion, or sexual orientation. Compensation will be based on experience and internal equity. A generous benefit package is included.
Please send a cover letter, stating your interest and why you are an excellent candidate for this position, along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 24 July 2016. Please include in the subject line the name of the position you are applying for. You may also send your cover letter and CV by mail to:
7 Jangpura B, Mathura Road,
New Delhi 110014.
*Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.